This employment related project, funded by European Social Fund via WCVA, delivers a range of activities which aim to remove barriers to participation, increase people’s aspirations and motivation, build confidence and improve skills such as team working (group activities), problem solving and communication.
Specific barriers such emanating from situations faced by members of Black and Minority Ethnic (BME) Communities are addressed in this project. We deliver activities and, at the same time, reduce barriers to participation by providing the necessary help and support.
- workshops which challenge and improve the capabilities of participants by addressing pre-employment requisites.
- confidence building techniques.
- Client reviews with individual action plans and personalised support
- Job search and work preparation activities
- Volunteering opportunities
- English for Speakers of Other Languages (ESOL), Basic Information Technology, Driving Theory and other courses
We have a focus on developing soft skills, English language, literacy, numeracy, IT and a tailored programme of job seeking skills are used, including:
- Job search workshops
- Letter writing
- Creating a CV
- Completing application forms
- Interview skills and techniques
- Presentation skills
The ethos of the project is to tailor the provision to meet differing needs such as:
- Cultural and religious needs
- Disability access
- Interpreting/translation/British sign language
- Childcare needs