This employment related project, funded by European Social Fund via WCVA, delivers a range of activities which aim to remove barriers to participation, increase people’s aspirations and motivation, build confidence and improve skills such as team working (group activities), problem solving and communication.
- Workshops which challenge and improve the capabilities of participants by addressing pre-employment requisites.
- Confidence building techniques.
- Client reviews with individual action plans and personalised support
- Job search and work preparation activities
- Volunteering opportunities
- English for Speakers of Other Languages (ESOL), Basic Information Technology, Driving Theory and other courses
We have a focus on developing soft skills, English language, literacy, numeracy, IT and a tailored programme of job seeking skills are used, including:
- Job search workshops
- Letter writing
- Creating a CV
- Completing application forms
- Interview skills and techniques
- Presentation skills
The ethos of the project is to tailor the provision to meet differing needs such as:
- Cultural and religious needs
- Disability access
- Interpreting/translation/British sign language
- Childcare needs
Swansea Bay REC
© Copyright 2017 Swansea Bay Regional Equality Council - SBREC © Registered Charity No: 1146712 | Company LTD by Guarantee No: 7106774 |
Website Managed and designed by | Design.Co
Follow us here:
Join our social media pages and get more updates and latest news from GEM. Also check our latest tweets below.